How does it happen?
There are many methods for whitening your teeth and you should consider your choice carefully. The techniques can be very different so your own preferences matter. You should also consider how much time you have available and the sort of results you’d like to see. You can choose to whiten your teeth at home or have them whitened at our dental clinic.
Tooth whitening at PlusTerveys
It’s always a good idea to have your teeth and gums checked beforehand to make sure they’re in good condition. Any cavities will need to be filled and any infections treated before the whitening can take place. We will also remove any dental tartar before going ahead. We do not offer tooth whitening treatments to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
The whitening techniques used at PlusTerveys will vary between locations. If you are looking for a particular service, get in touch with your local PlusTerveys dental clinic or visit our website to find out what’s available in your local area. Tooth whitening methods include:
- This technique uses a laser and bleaching gel. It is both safe and effective, and a single visit will be enough to achieve the results you want.
- Opalescence is a safe and effective whitener.
- This method uses the Zoom whitening gel that is activated using a special light. The treatment takes approximately one hour.
Beyond tooth whitening
- Halogen combined with an LED produces a powerful light to whiten your teeth. This treatment is not associated with any discomfort or harmful radiation. It is combined with a gel.
- Brilliant Smile is a method and product line for tooth whitening. It is used to remove discolouration and whiten the teeth without damaging them.
- Our dental clinicoffer a range of tooth whitening methods you can use at home. Find out more from your nearest PlusTerveys clinic.
Sometimes a whitening procedure is not needed, and a simple soda cleanse is enough to give you the results you’re after.
Avoid highly pigmented food and other substances after whitening
After your tooth whitening treatment, you may find that your teeth are very sensitive to extremes of heat and cold, but this will pass within just a few days. We recommend that you do not eat anything for two hours after the treatment but it is OK to drink some plain water. It is also advisable to avoid tobacco, including snus, coloured toothpastes and highly pigmented and acidic foods, such as tea, coffee, red wine, sparkling beverages, curries, soy sauce and citrus fruits. For seven days after the treatment, please do not use any chemical mouthwashes and similar products that contain colour. For brushing, we recommend a fluoride toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth. This will protect your tooth enamel and care for your teeth.